Sunday, August 07, 2011

"You Are Enough"

A wise friend told me that at least once. It is friends like that that make me feel so lucky. They appreciate me for how I am. They put up with me and I can feel their caringness. I have made plenty of mistakes and will make more, but it means a lot when you have friends and family behind you, supporting you and encouraging you. Even if they scold me, I know they mean well and they truly care. If I never got negative feedback, then I would know that no one really paid attention or cared a bit. And I know that I am not perfect. I have my rough edges, my fatal flaws, my quirks...or whatever you prefer to call them.

If I have offended you, I am truly sorry. I meant well but sometimes my well-meant attempts come out wrong...foot in mouth I guess. We don't always know what the right thing to do is, but if we do nothing...we'll never really know if it's wrong or right. I find that a lot of times, if you learn and don't ever make a mistake...then you really haven't learned. Experience is one of the best teachers. My actions are motivated by a desire to show my concern. I cannot apologize for how I am, but I can apologize for my actions. I strive to do good. If you can, please be patient with me. And please don't use my age as a card to be used against me. Age has little to do with it. And typecasting, categorizing, stereotyping, profiling...those are just plain wrong.

To all my friends who have been there for me and those who will be there for me for a long time, I dedicate this song to you...the best version of Just The Way You Are.



Thank you a million times over for being there for me, if not in presence then in heart and spirit.

Here's to trying to be good...

Vic

No comments: