Friday, September 10, 2010

Farewell to the Lead of Lyte Funkie Ones (LFO)


Yesterday, teen idol Rich Cronin of LFO died from Leukemia. He was only 35. He lost his struggle with cancer. I was heartbroken and still am. One of my favorite songs was "summer girls" even if he said "chinese food makes me sick" (I love Chinese food). It's just a funny, cute song. Even though much of it is Rap, it doesn't make me feel annoyed or like there's any hostility in it. I've heard a lot of Rap and it always seems to get on my nerves...it's mostly the lyrics that get to me...even more than the loud beat. I like a good beat, but people turn it up so high that it sounds like oppressive drumming like a powerful war drum. And war isn't something pleasant to hear about or think about. Incidentally, my family supports DAV..Disabled American Veterans. It's a good organization. I also hope that Veteran Affairs is treating the Vets better than they were years ago.

Besides "Summer girls", I remember "West side story" and "Every other time." Those songs just represent a happy time for me and the heyday of Pop music, as I've heard it being called. Life seemed more cheerful and the economy wasn't such a big disaster like it is today. But enough about that.

I encourage you to listen to songs from happier times. Today I listened to a few songs by Daniel Powter: "Free loop" and "bad day." They start out sad but then they build up and their underlying message is that you can take something sad or bad and make it into something positive. I've noticed that some comedians do that in their comedy routines. You should watch the music videos. I enjoyed watching them. The links are down below.

Summer girls:



Every other time:



West Side Story:


Free loop:
http://youtu.be/vEY_mg2y-rg


Bad day:http:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg&feature=player_detailpage

2 comments:

Brinda said...

Wonderful reads lil one....I read back 'till Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:38 PM.
Such introspective... I think that is rare for many young people.

Lenoirre said...

Thank you, Brinda. I hope to write more wonderful posts. I just love your blog. It's people like you that inspire me to keep writing.