Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Courage To Let Go

Today, Sept. 30, I finally let go. The first guy I fell for in sl, we're not friends anymore. I tried for 2 months, but it didn't work. I was trying to make it work and trying to get over him by being his friend again, but I just didn't feel any sincerity. I told him I felt "ill" to talk to him or even see his name, and I really meant it. He said he tried to make time for his friends, but I just didn't get any time unless I reached out to him. He said he hated confrontation. Well bub, if you don't want confrontation...don't wrong a friend in the first place. It's funny, he unbanned me just to talk this morning. What a jerk, right? Even when I knew about the ban from discovering it myself, he didn't apologize or remove the ban. I've been angry with him for almost 3 months, can you believe it? I'm not an angry person, really. But he just seems so cold and uncaring. I talk to him and I feel so cold and empty. Where was the warmth? It's all gone. Some friends are only good to you while you're still young, fresh, and vulnerable. When you get to a certain age, I'm told, the chances of being used are greatly reduced.

It's hard to let go. You need courage. I finally found my courage. I finally found the will. I'm going to move on. It has taken me awhile to realize that I have many friends who really care about me and wouldn't treat me like he treated me. And yes I thought about leaving SL, but then I thought..."Just because of one jerkoff? And what about my friends? That would be heartless." So I'm staying.

I figured out so many reasons not to let him get to me and to forget about him. So now, I'm letting go. It's difficult, but I know I can do it. Staying friends with him wasn't the right decision at all. I had to realize that though.

This entry was started a few days ago. I wrote down so many reasons to distrust the guy, but I decided not to include them here.

No matter where life takes us, we all need the courage to let go. We all need to back up and say, "What is stopping me from letting go?" or "Why am I still holding on?" I have figured out this issue, but I know there will be more to come. I just hope that I can keep my wits about me and figure out how to get through them all.

Take care,
Vic

1 comment:

Brinda said...

Yes Dear...They all leave me alone.

Welcome to life 101.
Growing up isn't always pain free.
But few things precious in life come without work.

Know that you are loved.