Monday, December 12, 2011

Honesty, Morality, and Caring

I'm always amazed at how easy it is to befriend and connect with others on the Worldwide Web. I tend to think of it as a good thing, but it isn't always so.

Online relationships and friendships can move so quickly. Emotions run high.

And then something happens that makes you doubt them and yourself.

Last night, I unpartnered. I had been considering it since last month. He just hadn't been there much for me. I felt out of touch with him. It felt like a sort of abandonment or like I didn't really matter. He did tell me he wouldn't be around much, and I thought I could tolerate it. But at some point I started to think, he has a PC and he works on it at least once a week. So why can't he take a few minutes  to compose an email to me at least once a week? I don't know. It seems like he didn't care enough. Even if I have a million things to do, I'd always keep in touch with those closest to my heart.

And so, I'm moving on. I want to focus on the things I love the most and the friends who I love and the friends who can make  time for me. The ones who leave you feeling empty....those aren't your true friends. Not a thought or tear should be wasted on  them.

Here's to hoping...

Vic

No comments: