Monday, November 22, 2010

Much To Be Thankful For

Hey, I'm back!

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you will enjoy it. More importantly, I hope you know and understand what you have to be grateful for. Above all, I know that I have my life to be thankful for. Life is a gift. Not everyone keeps it. And I've had some serious scrapes (no major car accidents or long hospital stays) and God could've decided it was time for me to go, but he kept me alive. I'm still here and kicking! Hahaha. I think I'm kind of lucky.

Whether you spend the holiday weekend with family and friends or whether you spend it alone, I hope you remember that life is all we really have...not our stuff (or "shit" as young people nowadays like to say), not our money, not even our titles (professional or scholarly titles or whatever titles like Sheikh or Duchess).

Lately I heard this song from the musical Hair. I love the scene in the movie where Treat Williams dances and maybe sings to this song. It's really funny, I think. This is the scene, I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LRD3DtFAo

No comments: