Friday, November 12, 2010

Help Is Always Granted To Those Who Look For It

This is what I've been learning for awhile now. Since November 10th, I was locked out of my main account in SL. I talked to lots of people, including 2 Lindens. And I got to meet them, believe it or not. So, I got one teddy bear. :-). Hehe. One of my oldbie friends was a little jealous. I'm so pleased that I am inworld once more in my main and that I had several good friends who talked me through it and encouraged me to seek help, calling Support, and submitting tickets. After 3 tickets, 2 phonecalls, 2 and 1/2 days, countless login tries...I am backkkkk. Ah, it feels good! I was afraid my account had been hacked. Truth is, it wasn't...just a horrid case of ghosting. I have no idea where avi went, but I tp'ed inworld to The Boardroom Sim. For some reason, home position was set at Korea. That's where I set home for my alt...strange. Anyways, I have all my inventory as far as I know. I have my HUDS, notecards, objects....everything. It's wonderful if you have friends with you who are there for you during hard times.

I intend to go back to Linden Village soon and thank them for listening. And of course, one of the Lindens I met with didn't have a teddy bear made yet to give to me. Hehe. I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

In real life, if you don't complain and request for help, who will help you? You need to get out there and make some noise to get noticed! I will try to practice what I'm preaching. I will try to be strong and more determined about my life.

Also, I've recently read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Illusions, both written by Richard Bach. My very good friend recommended them to me. They are excellent books. They talk about how you control your destiny, you don't know to follow the flock (if you're a bird) or crowd, and how you can create your life. I love the quote in Illusions about how people are in our lives for a reason. Another good one is that we can start our lives over if we want. We don't have to live the way we were taught to live, we are life, we are in the driver's seat. I'm just paraphrasing what I've read. These are two books that I think everyone should read and perhaps even own. The next book I'm reading, Messiah's Handbook...also by Richard Bach. A few pages a day is like a calming elixir for the mind. The words are so simple and yet I sense the profoundness.

Well, I'll sign off now.

Take care and be happy!

1 comment:

Brinda said...

After we do all that we personally can...the surest way to get help is to ask for it.

A quote:
"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.
Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."

Guess who wrote that....Richard Bach, from Illusions 1977

It is such a gift to watch some one grow