Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friends and letting go

It's been awhile since I last wrote and I'm sorry. I wonder how my mentor was able to update her blog so frequently and yet, she was so very busy. She was really amazing. I can still feel her spirit in me. She touched me like an angel and she is never gone from my life, just not as near as before.

So much has happened since I last wrote. I want to say first off how grateful I am for friends. I am blessed to have friends that stick by me through the fun and rough and tumbling times. I know I have good friends who will stand by me and put up with me. I know I'm not the most easygoing person to be around, but I try my best to be fair and kind to those I appreciate and love. That is what counts in the end.

Lately I have been unfriended a few times. I will not get into details here. It is unsettling and could get longwinded. My point is that in all those cases, I meant well...my heart was in the right place, but the listener  took offense and decided to walk away. A wise woman would tell me that it wasn't my fault. I was honest and said what I could. But in the end, you can't control how people accept your words. As a writer, I should know that. But I let my helpful/protective instincts blur my reason and I came on too strong. I was even accused of causing "intentional" hurt and being too domineering. I never meant to come off like that. I am truly and deeply sorry for that.

I can only hope that someday, all will be forgiven. And if those friends truly love me and forgive me, they will come back.

Y asi es la vida,

Vic

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well said, Vic.