Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where have I been?

I'm still around. I've just been so busy. I graduated in May with a BA in Philosophy and Justice Studies. I realized I was still in love with a guy and even more than I thought. But most of all, I realized how much I love language. I want to study Linguistics in graduate school. It has always been a major interest and love of my life.

I've been thinking about letting go and fear and love. That guy I referenced, he likes me but he won't admit it. Instead, he is with another guy. I wonder if it will work. But a few weeks ago, I decided to let go. It's not meant to be. He is convinced that she's the one. I can't and won't argue about that. I hope we can keep in touch, but I'm not sure if that's what he wants. I haven't noted him, out of fear...fear that he won't respond. I think it's best that I wait. But if he never talks to me again, then that's that. I'm not putting too much hope in him. I hope that maybe in grad school or when I travel, that I'll meet some good people and even one good guy who wants to get to know me and who isn't afraid to tell me so.

I have a week or two until my diploma comes in the mail. I can't wait!

Yesterday, I met with 2 Nepalese women to help them prepare for the written driver's license test. My coordinator told me about it on Tuesday. It feels so good to be helping out again. I was hit hard when I found out that I wouldn't see the two Punjabi Indian women again. But that's life. Sometimes you're up and it seems like it's all good, and then at other times, it's like nothing is going right. That's over now. I just need to move forward.

In other news, I've started watching 24. I love it. I think it's interesting that the California Senator in there, who is blac, becomes president. It's like 24 predicted the future. Wow! Did the writers see that or what? Haha, who knows?
I hope our president has a good man working for him like David Palmer does. Jack Bauer is great.

No comments: